Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Tribute To Tai Cheong



Who would have known Tai Cheong workshop before the tragic fire in Ampang on Aug 29 unless you are his satisfied customer?

Three groups of people would have been shocked by the pre dawn fire at the Tai Cheong Car Workshop in Jalan Hulu Kelang on Aug 29. Twenty five cars were destroyed in the blaze.

First, its owner Tai Cheong, his family and workers; second, the 25 car owners; and third, my family who are regular customers of the workshop.

According to news reports, firemen took about three hours to douse the flame in the incident which took place at about 6.15 am.

As in many other cases, tragedies occur when we are in dreamsville. The fire took place during Subuh prayers, about half an hour after Imsak. Some would have chosen to sleep after Subuh, especially on a Saturday.

Damages are estimated at RM950,000 but there were no casualties.

For me and family, Tai Cheong, a few minutes’ drive from my house in Bukit Antarabangsa, is one of the best workshops we have had. We have tried a few others before, but none can match Tai Cheong in many aspects.

It has first class service – The minute you take your car to the workshop, its mechanics, including its owner, will always be there to receive you. I don’t remember the names of the mechanics though, but they know me and family, especially my eldest sister, who loves to haggle for discounts.

Me and my family are Tai Cheong’s satisfied customers. The price’s affordable, and you can expect your car will be in tip-top condition after the service. Its mechanics never let you down. No charges for a small job.

Tai Cheong is no ordinary workshop. Unlike some workshops that I have been too, Tai Cheong will not make you pay for every “dent” in your car or “leak” in your engine!. Unless, your car is really in a bad shape, the mechanic will advise you accordingly, and that too, he will find ways to work within your budget.

Today, as I pass by the workshop, Tai Cheong is in a sorry state. It was only a week before the tragedy that I told my family that my car needed a service. And now, where shall I take my car for the next service?

No comments: